Monday, January 7 to Thursday, March 21 for most classes
(Chicago Edge Soccer and both Multi-Sport Madness classes will start the week of February 4)
The PTO is happy to offer WISE (Whittier IS Enriched), which is a 100% volunteer-run, fee-based, after-school enrichment program available to all Whittier students. We provide experiences in the arts, academics, STEM and athletics.
CHANGES to WISE PROGRAM for WINTER 2019
- For the first time ever, registration will be online only. If you will have difficulty getting internet access during the registration period, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for special accommodations.
- Due to space restriction in the gym for the month of January, three classes will start the week of February 4: Chicago Edge Soccer, Multi-Sport Madness (Younger Kids) and Multi-Sport Madness (Older Kids).
THE LINE UP
|Day||Time||Class||Grades||Duration||Price (Early Bird/Regular)|
No class: 1/21, 1/28, 2/18
|3:15 – 4:15||Hip Hop Dance||1-5||8 classes||$120/$130|
|Science Lab||K-2||8 classes||$125/$135|
|Let’s Get Crafty||2-5||8 classes||$130/$140|
|(SOLD OUT) Clay with Miss Connell||K-5||8 classes||$105/$115|
|Chicago Edge Soccer* (first class 2/4)||K-3||6 classes||$70/$80|
No class: 1/29
3:15 – 4:15
|Yoga Kids||K-5||10 classes||$140/$150|
|(SOLD OUT) Kitchen Wizards||K-5||10 classes||$140/$150|
|(SOLD OUT) Learn to Knit||3-5||10 classes||$105/$115|
|(SOLD OUT) Coding for Kids||3-5||10 classes||$105/$115|
|(SOLD OUT) Jr. Engineers||K-2||10 classes||$140/$150|
|Multi-Sport Madness (Younger Kids)*
(first class 2/5)
No class: 1/30
|2:45 – 4:15
(note: 1.5 hour class)
|(SOLD OUT) Homesteading||K-5||10 classes||$160/$170|
|(SOLD OUT) Actor’s Garden||K-5||10 classes||$150/$160|
|Multi-Sport Madness (Older Kids)*
(first class 2/6)
No class: 1/31
|3:15 – 4:15||Taekwondo||K-5||10 classes||$130/$140|
|Dynamic Chess||K-5||10 classes||$160/$170|
|(SOLD OUT) Experiential Painting||K-5||10 classes||$185/$195|
|(Cancelled) Wildcat Ensemble||3-5||10 classes||$95/$105|
* Chicago Edge Soccer and both Multi-Sport Madness classes will begin in February, due to space restrictions in the gym in January.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND DATES
- Registration is ONLINE ONLY at http://whittierpto.org/index.php/wise/.
- Registration opens Monday, December 3 and ends Friday, December 14.
- All scholarship requests MUST be received by Wednesday, December 12.
- Register by Wednesday, December 12 to save $10/class.
- All classes are eligible for cancellation due to low registration.
The PTO will continue to offer need-based scholarships to those who qualify (maximum one course per child). Check the box on the sign-up form to request. Scholarships, like all WISE classes, are first-come, first-served. No scholarship requests will be accepted after Wednesday, December 12.
Registration begins Monday, December 3 and ends Friday, December 14. In the past, many classes have filled up the first day, so register early. Go to http://whittierpto.org/index.php/wise/ to register and pay online via PayPal (total will include a convenience fee).
Registration is online only. If you will have difficulty getting internet access during the registration period, please email email@example.com to make special accommodations.
You will receive registration confirmation by email the week before Winter Break. No registrations will be accepted after the session has begun, and no refunds will be issued after the second class. Registrations without payment will not be accepted unless you are requesting a scholarship.
- After the dismissal bell, your child will report to the auditorium, where attendance will be taken and children will receive a nut-free snack.
- Instructors will escort your child to the front office of the school at the end of WISE. Parents/guardians should pick up their children PROMPTLY at 4:15 pm.
- If your child will be absent, please mention WISE when you call the school office, so that we are alerted. We take your children’s safety very seriously, and we must account for every child.
WISE needs volunteers for our program to run. If you are able to help take attendance and supervise students before classes start OR help dismiss them when classes end, please keep an eye out for an email to sign up. Attendance volunteers will receive $50 off of one class, to be given as a refund after registration ends. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Thank you for your continued support.
Please email WISEwhittier@gmail.com or call the Whittier office at 708-524-3080. If you have suggestions on how to improve the WISE program, please email us at WISEWhittier@gmail.com.